Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hort Park

This trip is the shortest of all the trips I took. It is only 1.48 KM but it took me 2 hr 22 minutes to walk through it. The reason is that there are a vast variety of plant species available here. It is the reason why this trip is not in my blog after 19 days. I had a hard time finding the name of the plants even though many of it already have tags on it by NParks.

This trip is actually an aborted trip. The original plan is to walk from Hort Park to Kent Ridge. I tried twice and failed to start due to heavy rain. I tried it the third time and both my camera and handphone run out of juice due to the huge number of pictures taken. I had to abort the trip at the end of Hort Park. It is a badly prepared trip.

I went a fourth time to take more pictures just on the park itself. The result is that there are over 560 pictures and I counted about 150 species captured in the photos. To tell you the truth. All photos on the fourth trip has no GPS info as I did not bring my HTC along. Just my luck trying to take pictures here. One more bad luck is when I try to put this in FB "Places", it failed repeatedly. Finally, I gave up and just post a picture with the link to this blog.

Since the trip is short and the pictures are plenty. I will only show some of the nicest plants. You could go to the Picasa Album to see the full list.

This is a Split Leaf Philodendron. The holes in it are natural. This plant is outside Hort Park. It is taken along Alexandra Rd.
This Micky Mouse Plant is also taken along Alexandra Rd. It has a cute name due to its fruit.

This Red Flowering Banana looked more like a Ginger plant. Both Ginger and this plant actually belongs to the same Zingibrales order.

This White-flowered Golden Plum looks very unique.

This is another specie of the Shrimp plant. I prefer the white variety. They looked nicer.

This Shrubby White Vein don't look like a real leaf.

This Kelulut Tanjong Plant is very nice.

This Bamboo Orchid is so nice that I took a picture of it three times without realizing.

Hidden at a corner of the park is this Rattle Snake plant.

This Corkscrew plant is right at the roadside before the main building of the park.

The African Spiral Flag is a nice flower but just don't know why is it named like that.

Torch Ginger is supposed to be red, this pink specie also looked nice. The leaf behind it is actually a Calathea.

Finally took a picture of this nice Green Aralia. Previous trips failed to take a good picture of it.

Don't miss this Crown Flower if you happen to be in the park.

Indian Heliotrop is a small but unique looking flower. Its flower forms an arc.

This Red Silk Ork is just awesome.

The Costos Osae is a nice plant but it does not have a common name.

I took a large number of pictures on this Water Canna flower but each time I had to delete it due to it being blurred. I finally have a chance to take a sharp picture of this plant using flash. Its size is smaller than a 5 cent coin.

This Ulam Rajah is a nice flower. Its not a sharp picture.

Finally found the White Powderpuff flower. The red specie is nice but I super like the white one.

This Yellow Peanut Plant is small but when it blooms in a large area, it is simply nice to look at.

This Butterfly Bush looks nice. I just don't know why it gets its common name like that.

This Philipine Violet is actually white color.

The Rice Button Aster is at the end of the park where I abandoned the trip.

The Pride of Barbedos plant has a number of variety. This all yellow specie looks plain but is very nice.

Cape Leadword is a nice flower plant.

The Trinanad Pink Trumpet Plant is nice when you take a close look.

The Roselle flower bud is actually sold in the market. I saw it in the market but could not name it till now. It is actually a Hibiscus.

Another of my favorite is the White Butterfly Pea flower.

Another nice flower is Orange Marigold.

The Brinjal flower always looks down. I have to tilt my camera at an angle to capture it.

Another nice but funny named flower is this Bolo Bolo.

Blood Flower don't look like one to me but is still nice to look at.

The Thailand Powerpuff is not so nice as the common PowderPuff but is still quite unique.

Seldom do I see a Red Passion Flower. The more common one is purple color.

The Lobster Claw Plant look like a lobster claw?

This Ixora Dwarf Flower looks very nice when enlarged.

This Archer's Hibiscus simply rocks.

Don't miss this Fairy Lily.

There are other plants that I have captured in the Hort Park to Kent Ridge trip. That trip's blog is also pending as I have quite a number of plants still unidentified.

The WikiLoc map is not necessary as it is just around a park.

The full Picasa Album is here.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo on hortpark! Have you also visited the nearby Gillman Bararcks ?

    Gillman Barracks

    ReplyDelete