Thursday, September 19, 2013

CCK to Yew Tee

This trip starts from Chua Chu Kang MRT. The route then turned to the Western Adventure Loop PCN before turning into Chua Chu Kang Park. After the park, the route goes back to the PCN to reach the nearby Limbang Park. After which, the trip follows Chua Chu Kang North PC then turned into Chua Chu Kang St 54 to reach Stagmont Park. After the park, the route goes through HDB blocks and roads to reach Yew Tee Park. After the park, the route goes on to Chua Chu Kang North 6 before ending in Yew Tee MRT. It is just a short 5 KM route.

Originally I though Chua Chu Kang Park is an old one. To my surprise, the southern part of the park is actually new. The trees are still short. Took a picture on Simple-leaf Chastetree. 
 Mixed among the tree is this Simpur Daun Merah with large leaves that makes it looked top heavy for the young tree.
On reaching the older side of the park, this Sumatran Ru looks like a pine tree with pine cones. Unfortunately none of the zoomed picture looks sharp. The sun is too glaringly bright.
On the North corner of the park is this Nicobar Canoe Tree.  Without a high zoom camera, this flower is low enough for me to take picture.
Further down, this Temple Pillar Tree, is very tall and narrow,  I almost have to look up vertically to see the top of the tree. According to internet, this tree is a good noise eliminating plant probably due to the shape of its leaves.
This Purple Milletia must have been very fragrant. I can see plenty of bees on its flowers.

After crossing into Limbang park, the first tree that attracts my attention is this Jade Orchid Tree. It is a Magnolia gender. Unfortunately, only the fruit is available.
It is always refreshing to see this nice Dracaena Reflexa Aurea Variegata. 
From a far, I could see this hanging bridge. It is on the other side of the park. I remember taking one picture of it while cycling on PCN.

It is only when I came near the bridge that I realize I was walking on the wrong end of the park. This path has the 12 Chinese Zodiac characters in stone statues along the path. This is a goat character.
The sign board says it is adopted by certain company. Since I am not interested in who's the adopter, I don't bother to zoom in.

How could I not take the Snake character on a Snake year which is my zodiac sign.

One thing I must say is that it is a mistake casting the characters in stone. With such fine carvings, the tendency of it breaking is great. The dragon horn and the rat's tail are all broken off. Moreover, moss grows on it too.

This round stone with a map of the park on metal plate is at the Northern end.
At the Stagmont Park, there are new trees planted. This Happiness Tree is planted by the health minister. I took a picture of the sign board not because it has a minister's name on it. It is just for the Scientific Name.
There were many trees with white trunks in the park. However, the trees are way too tall for me to take picture if its leaves. I have to leave without taking picture of the tree. Thus the Happiness tree is the only picture that is in the park.

While walking among the HDB blocks, I took this Micky Mouse Plant picture. It turned out that this is the last plant picture I took for the trip.
Yew Tee park is an old park. There are winding paths in the park which is on top of a hill. It is sad to see most of the paths are covered with leaves and sands. There is no sign of it being maintained properly. I did not find any interesting and nice plant here. Just finding a way out is a chore.

On a side note, I saw a guy exercising on the park. He had a strap to help him exercise by squatting and standing up on one leg only. The way he squats make me think he is a Thai Boxer.

The WikiLoc route map is here.

The full picasa album is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment