Sunday, September 15, 2013

Alexandra to Telok Blangah

I seem to have take on too much at one go. There is a long back log of plants to identify due to the fact that I took 550 pictures at Hort Park that took up too much time to identify them.

This trip was done on 911 (Sept 11 2013). It is a short walk and not many new plants were found along the way.

The first plant along Alexandra Rd is the Chinese Perfume Plant.
 The next one is the Kerinting palm.
Both plant have sign boards indicating their name.

The next plant is taken on top of the Forest Walk. It is a Laping Budak or something similar. The picture is the max zoom already. Couldn't get any closer look.
This Weeping Fig is also taken on the walk. There is a sign board on the bridge that indicates the name.
 This plant is taken near Preston Rd. I can't find its name. It has spotted stems.
Another tree with sign boards is this White Pelong Tree.
I think this plant is a Cinnamon tree (not the Ceylon specie).
There is nothing on the Henderson wave bridge to take picture. Right after exiting from the bridge, there is this Jelutong tree.
Instead of going towards Malang Trail, I Turned right on to Pender Rd since my aim is for Telok Blangah MRT instead of Harborfront MRT.

I noticed this nice Hairy Clidemia plant behind the fender.
There is an un-named park just off the road after a car park. I decided to do a bit of detour into it. The very first plant that attracts my eye is this Yellow Saraca tree.
Its young leaf look like a handkerchief tree.
The Flame of the Forest is one common plant in Singapore that I could not take picture of till this place. It is so near that I could take an enlarged picture.
On the far side of the park is four cabin like structure. Only upon going near then I noticed that they are old cable cars.
There is a Mangosteen tree planted in front of it. There is a sign board that says so otherwise I would have never be able to find out the plant's name as it has neither fruit nor flower on it.
There is no other outlet except back the same way out through the car park (Mt Faber Car Park D).  It is interesting that the four maps I used did not indicate the park (Google, OpenStreetMap, OneMap, Streetdirectory). Only OpenStreetMap shows the footpath.

The rest of the way after the car park is actually done on road as there is no footpath on either side of the road. Along the way saw a lady cyclist going up the hill on this road. When I reached the end of the road, she went back down and paused there. I guess she will go up the hill again. 

After turning into Telok Blangah Rd, there is no interesting plants to take picture with. The route ended at Telok Blangah MRT.

The WikiLoc map is here.

The Picasa Album is here.



No comments:

Post a Comment