Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Do I Have a Problem with NParks

 I have been posting messages and articles about NPark's not doing a proper job. It all started some years ago. I reported a tree fallen over the McRitchie route. No replies whatsoever.

In Jan 20 2013, I went cycling with a Facebook cycling group, saw quite a number of cyclist fell at Mandai PCN. The path was covered with slippery moss.

In March 2013, I posted in Facebook cycling group that PCN is not cycling friendly.  See https://jnhiew.blogspot.com/2013/03/is-pcn-really-for-cyclists.html. The host suggest me to give a list of actual places that needs improvement. I went from Woodlands to Yishun then showed a list of the issues faced. There are 32 photos I took. Some are rectified over time. Below is just some of it. It showed almost 90 degree turns and exit into pedestrian path with obscured view.





Jan 22 2014 saw a tag that is not appropriate. How does the MP plant a family of plant as a tree?


April 12 2014 mentioned about badly designed PCN.



July 10 2014. Mentioned Daily Farm PCN become a jungle.


August 21 2014 saw a tag that is badly misspelled.


August 20 2014. Flooding again.


Jan 18 2015. Algae problem on PCN.


July 25 2015. Careless work.



April 3 2016 noticed an error on the position of Chestnut Nature Park. Posted it on Facebook. It has been corrected.


Nov 27 2017, flooded PCN.


April 30 2017 tried the new PCN. Not a good experience.


May 1 2017, jumping the gun. Misleading. Make people think that it is completged.


July 25 2017 Unchecked work again.


On 30 March 2019 the coast to coast 36KM route was launched. I mentioned on FB cyclist group that it is not cyclist friendly thus is for walking only. See https://www.facebook.com/groups/lovecyclingsg/permalink/2209026995821303. It  provoked a few people. However, I coolly explained that it is the media that says its for cycling and that I do not obliquely say NParks did a poor job. But actually 36KM is not for average people. It starts from Coney island which is quite a distance from bus stop. Since it is not cyclist friendly, it is not suitable for cycling also. So it is neither here nor there. I would question why they design a hiking only route instead of catering to both pedestrians and cyclist too.




Jan 10 2020, New Flora and Fauna web is a let down. It has since then been redesigned.



 Oct 18 2020 another web fumble.


Oct 21 2020, yet another fumble in information technology.



Oct 21 2020 You would expect NParks update its web page on PCN tracks. Its not. The new Changi Airport PCN is yet to appear after one and half week of its debut. I guess they are more interested in Jurassic Miles instead.


Nov 11 2020 posted on Facebook group and Tweeter about PCN being blocked and a sign to "dismount and push" because accidents happened there.


Nov 12 All the species of trees have gone missing.




Dec 8 2020 commented on TODAY group about Jurassic Mile being a PCN yet is too narrow with many pedestrians around and the hated "dismount and push" signs.



After all the above posts, people may just wonder whether I am indeed finding faults with NPark. My motto on Windows into Life is "Veni Visi Scripsi" (I came I saw I wrote). It spells exactly the attitude when I am writing the posts. NParks is not the only one I mentioned. It just happen that I come across problems while looking for something else that is of interest to me. NParks happened to be related in the things I looked at.


No comments:

Post a Comment