Wednesday, April 27, 2011

3G in HTC DESIRE

I installed Quick Settings and it does not seem to be able to enable the 3G whenever I requires it. It is able to disable the 3G. Tried as I might, it just don't work properly.

I discovered that by pressing the on/off switch for 5 seconds, you will get a menu where there is an option to turn on/off 3G. I tried it and it can turn on the 3G while the Quick Settings was killed. If "Quick Settings" is on then it behaves weirdly.

My final decision is to take out "Quick Settings" completely. Now I can just turn on/off 3G easily using the on/off switch.

The only thing I missed is the other switches in "Quick Settings" like WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. However, there are widgets that could turn on/off the three devices. Just that they take up three spaces in the handphone display panel.

According to what I have read in internet, apps turning on/off 3G are not very successful. I am glad HTC already provided the facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment